Mrs. Ronda's students have been learning many new things!
- Some of us are learning to rhyme words. Read nursery rhymes like "Hey Diddle Diddle" and rhyming books to us like Dr. Suess books. Some of us are learning to say all of our speech sounds correctly. We are also learning to listen for those speech sounds at the beginning of words. Help us at home by reminding us how to say a sound correctly when we say it wrong.
- Some of us are learning about opposites like (night-day, up-down, happy-sad, right-left).
- Some of us are learning about words that mean the same thing like (chair-seat, happy-glad, friends-pals, messy-sloppy).
- Some of us are learning to sequence pictures in the correct order and then tell a story using sequence words like first, next, then, last.
- Some of us are learning to use correct grammar like (pronouns-he, she, they, we; and irregular past tense verbs-rode, hid, spoke, wrote, ate). Remind us to say them correctly when we make a mistake.
- Some of us are learning to follow directions with basic concepts like (in, out, up, down, over, under, beside, behind, big, little).
- Some of us are just learning to talk. Remind us to use our words when we want something.