Hopkins County Schools is now tobacco free.
No one is allowed to use tobacco on school property – or at a school-sponsored event – at any time.
Please note the following guidelines:
- The policy applies to everyone on school property, including students, parents, staff, and visitors.
- The policy covers all tobacco products, alternative nicotine products and vapor products. This includes but is not limited to cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff and e-cigs.
- There will no smoking areas. Tobacco use is also prohibited in vehicles on district grounds.
- Tobacco use is prohibited at outdoor events, such as football games.
- The policy applies to community groups that use school facilities.
- Adults will not be allowed to use tobacco products when they are with students on field trips or at other school-sponsored activities.
Tobacco-free policies have been shown to improve student health, support health lessons taught in schools, and reduce the number of teens who smoke outside of school, according to the Kentucky Department for Public Health.