LINKS TO INFORMATION ABOUT PENSION REFORM
CLICK HERE to see the pension reform bill comprised by the Legislative Research Commission, Governor Bevin, Speaker of the House Hoover and Senate President Stivers.
CLICK HERE to see a summary of the bill by section.
CLICK HERE to see a comparison of current benefits vs. benefits proposed by the new legislation.
CLICK HERE to see the highlights of "Keeping the Promise" as presented by Governor Matt Bevin.
CLICK HERE to see the KEA grid of "Keeping the Promise" pension framework for TRS Certified.
CLICK HERE to see the KEA grid of "Keeping the Promise" pension framework for CERS Classified.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RETIREMENT
If you are planning to retire from Hopkins County Schools, please review the appropriate retirement policy for classified or certified staff.
- Submit a letter of resignation/retirement to your immediate supervisor.
- The HR department will assign an 'exit checklist' to you. You will receive this in your email. Make sure that you log on and complete all assigned tasks in the Records system to complete your exit process.
- Make arrangements to return items such as your ID badge, keys, etc. to the school principal.
- Visit the KTRS or KRS websites to get further information pertaining to your retirement.
KENTUCKY TEACHERS' RETIREMENT INFORMATION
- KTRS website for members
- CLICK HERE to see TRS Service Retirement Information Sheet.
- KRS 161.623 - Use of unused sick-leave days to determine service credit
KENTUCKY RETIREMENT SYSTEM INFORMATION