- Hopkins County Schools Academy
In-Person Learning to Expand
Hopkins County Schools will expand in-person learning to 4 days per week starting Thursday, Feb. 25, following a vote of the Board of Education. Wednesdays will continue to be used for remote learning and deep cleaning.
Parents will continue to have the choice for their students to be enrolled in the Remote Learning Program. Please notify your school by Friday, Feb. 19, if your child will be switching to a different learning model for the 3rd trimester.
To allow time to prepare school buildings for the return of additional learners, all students will learn online using #HCSatHome from Monday, Feb. 22, through Wednesday, Feb. 24. Instruction will also be provided through virtual learning from April 12 - April 16, the week following Spring Break.
Considerations in this decision include loss of student learning, community input, and the social and emotional health of our students. With the addition of rapid testing offered by our school nurses, as well as staff vaccinations, we are prepared to safely welcome additional students back in our buildings.
The district will continue to follow Kentucky’s Healthy at School Guidelines. Please note the following:
- Parents should not send their children to school if they are sick or show symptoms of infectious illness. Contact the school nurse to request a COVID test. These tests will be performed in the vehicle outside the school building. Hopkins County Health Department recommendations for when sick children may return to school are posted on the district’s COVID website.
- Masks will be worn at all times except when students are eating.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed as much as possible.
- Wednesdays will continue to be used for remote learning and deep cleaning.
- All campuses will be closed to outside foot traffic.
- Seating charts will be maintained for contact tracing purposes.
As always, this decision is pending no additional mandates or changes by state or federal authorities. We look forward to having our kids back in school four days a week! Please contact your school directly with any questions.